What is ‘Day of the Dead’?
Here's what it's not: Mexican Halloween!
Day of the Dead or, Dia De Los Muertos, is a two-day festival celebrated throughout Mexico and Latin America to honor and remember the deceased.
There are some fun events going down in the Treasure Valley tomorrow (11/2) and this weekend to celebrate:
- FREE for all ages
- dance performances
- traditional Day of the Dead treats and altars
- crafts and face painting.
Dia En Downtown - Nampa (Lloyd Square)
- Tradition dance
- Muertos Parade, 2 p.m.
- traditional music / dance / tamales / and vendors, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- $5 Red Coronas
- Prizes for anyone with skull makeup
- Latin music starting at 9PM