Today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
When given the opportunity, I think we should thank police officers for their willingness to sacrifice their lives for the safety of our community. Well, now, there's an official day to show our appreciation...today!
Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) has teamed up with organizations nationwide to promote January 9, as the official 'Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D). They're encouraging citizens to take the day to show their support for law enforcement officers through a variety of ways including (via C.O.P.S.)
• Change your profile picture on social media to the .jpg image provided HERE.
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
• Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
• Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.
• Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.