Idaho Man Wins ‘World Elk Calling Championship’ Which is a Thing That Exists
Yes, this really happened, but we're still trying to wrap our brains around an "Elk Calling Championship" being a real thing.
There's two ways we can approach this. We could talk about how a man from Idaho is now a world-class Elk Calling champion and how that's super neat and niche, or we can talk about how wtf even is this? Today, we're going with the latter.
There are some strange things that I know for a fact exist. Such as:
- Olympic curling
- Professional thumb wrestling leagues
- Betting on video game e-sport competitions
- People who get paid to cuddle you
- A legion of people who dress up as Star Wars characters for charity events (Shout out 501st!)
- Men who pay hefty women to sit on them
These are all pretty quaint things. But, they're not "Hey try to sound like an animal and we'll give yuh a trophy!" weird.
Or, maybe elk calling is a really common thing and I'm just an idiot. I really hope that isn't the case, because I could go on and on about how truly strange this is from the outside looking in.
Anyways, if you want to read about the guy and hear what the hell a human doing an elk call sounds like, that's right here.