Zizly’s Favorite Burger Recipe + Win FREE Burgers for a Year
Here's my favorite, I want to know yours - it could score you free lunch & free food for a year!
Our friends at the Idaho Beef Council and Big Jud's want to hook you up with FREE food! Just fill out the form below and give us your absolute FAVORITE burger recipe, and you could be winning a $25 gift card to Big Jud's and/or FREE burgers for a whole year!
In the meantime, check out my favorite burger recipe that I discovered on Pinterest:
SPICY GUACAMOLE BURGER
What you'll need:
- 4 sesame burger buns
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces spring mix
For the guacamole:
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (about 1 lime) fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1½ tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons (about 2 cloves) garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1½ lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mash the avocados with lime juice, salt, cumin, and cayenne. Stir in the jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Cover and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, then set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat up ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, then cook for another 3 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent. Remove from the heat, then set aside to cool (about 20 minutes).
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, and cooled onion mixture with your hands. Form four round patties (make the patties slightly larger than your buns), then set aside on wax paper.
- Heat a grill pan or a skillet over medium heat. If you're using a skillet, add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Cook the patties on one side for 5-6 minutes for medium-rare. Flip the patties, then top each patty with a slice of pepper jack cheese and cook for another 5-6 minutes (or until desired).
- Place the buns, cut side down, onto a clean skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Toast for 30 seconds, until slightly golden brown.
- Spread the jalapeno mayo on each toasted bun. Top the bottom buns with a patty, then add one or two spoonfuls of guacamole on top. Top with a handful of spring mix and the top bun.