The ‘Life Hack’ That’s Blowing Zizly’s Mind
It made these easy Halloween Cookies even easier!
So I’m no cook. I’ve made this very clear to my fiancée. It’s not that I’m (that) terrible at it, it’s just never been my thing.
I definitely prefer to (attempt) to bake. It’s harder to mess it up, I mean it’s all measurements and a little love. So when I found out this baking tip, I was MIND BLOWN, because now, it’s even easier!!!
Did you know: If you cut the water portion of the baking instructions of a cake mix box, you’ll get cookies???
WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS???? Apparently it’s a pretty well known fact, but this girl had NO idea. So when I found out, I knew there would definitely be more baking in my future.
I found out over the weekend when me and the little decided to make these Halloween-themed cookies we found on Pinterest.
What you need:
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Creamy vanilla frosting
- gel food colors
- Hershey’s™ Kisses™ Brand milk chocolates, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). In large bowl, mix cake mix, oil and eggs until soft dough forms. *NO WATER < LIFE HACK*
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Divide frosting into 3 small bowls. Tint frosting as desired with food colors. Place frosting in small resealable food-storage plastic bags or disposable decorating bags. Cut off tip of each bag to make 1/4-inch opening.
- Pipe 1-inch circle of frosting on top center of each cookie. Sprinkle frosting with candy sprinkles. Press 1 milk chocolate candy into frosting on each cookie. Store cookies tightly covered.
I was pretty nervous, but they turned out amazing!! And the littles had such a great time helping out and decorating. Check it out!