Propane Torch Starts Nampa House Fire
A Nampa family is without a home this morning after a man tried to light a cigarette in a basement with a leaking propane torch.
It happened Sunday night near Maple Street and Colorado Avenue. When the man lit his cigarette on the leaking propane torch it started a small fire.
The man was able to partially put that fire out with a blanket, but unfortunately it spread to the framework and furnace area of the house.
No one in the house was hurt, and according to KTVB, even the guinea pig made it out o.k.
The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage, but officials say the families should be able to move back in by the end of the week.