New Details Released in Infants Death
The man responsible for little Kyrae Vineyard’s death has been arrested and now new details and a timeline of what happened have been released.
24 year old Haven Robb Hackworth is facing involuntary manslaughter charges after he says he accidentally left his girlfriends 5 month old daughter in a hot car in Caldwell.
New details show this is what happened.
- Hackworth drove the baby’s mother Elisa Johnson to work on May 20th. He says baby Kyrae was in the back seat and the last time he says he saw her alive was at 11:20 a.m.
- After dropping Elisa off at work he drove to Dennis Dillon in Caldwell and parked at the dealership at about 12 p.m.
- He says he accidentally left baby Kyrae in the backseat in her car seat with a blanket over the top while he test drove a new car and filled out paperwork to purchase the vehicle.
- During the car purchase Hackworth admits that at one point he went back out to the car to get a vape pen, but he did not notice Kyrae in the car.
- 3:45 p.m. Hackworth finished purchasing the car and drove the new vehicle to Nampa before he realized he had left the baby in the back seat.
- Hackworth made a panicked call to a salesman at the dealership admitting his mistake. Employees called 911 but it was too late.
- Kyrae Vineyard was pronounced dead at 4:30 p.m. Her internal body temperature was 106 degrees.
Although the high on May 20th was only 76 degrees, according to KTVB experts say the inside temperature of the car could have reached 120 degrees.
- A couple discrepancy’s do exist with the story however. First off, Elisa’s car was not a trade in, so why did Hackworth leave it behind?
- Court documents show that Kyrae had been dead 6+ hours, which would be before she arrived at the dealership.
That can be disputed though when you factor in that the car could have been even hotter than 120 degrees in direct sunlight. Kyrae’s mother also said she had a lighter explode in the car the day before. Other reports show she died about 4 hours before being brought to the hospital and there were no signs of trauma on her body.
If convicted Haven Robb Hackworth is facing up to 10 years in prison.