Meridian Home Burns Because Of Toy Battery
A home off of Ten Mile Rd in Meridian is no more, and it's because of a toy battery in their kid's bedroom.
The Meridian Fire Department says it was a lithium battery that started the fire around 2 p.m. yesterday afternoon. The family was out, came home and the house was completely full of smoke and their kid's bedroom was on fire.
Our boys at the Meridian Fire Department put out the fire very quickly but the smoke damage is extensive. The fire started from a remote control car. Fortunately nobody was hurt in the incident.