Idaho Man’s Phone Explodes, Not the Note7
Could this be another round of Samsung recalls?
According to the Idaho Statesman, an Idaho man's phone exploded in the middle of the night on June 24.
His phone, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, is different than the ones that got a lot of attention--and eventually led to a total recall-- the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Tony Morgan told the Statesman:
“It’s like a gun went off inside [...] We thought we saw smoke coming from behind the nightstand so I pulled it out and discovered that it was my phone,” said Tony, a software engineer. “The phone was smoldering. I had to grab a towel to remove it because it was also melting and oozing some type of a chemical.”
There was damage to his Samsung charger and burn marks on their nightstand.
Read the full story HERE.