Holiday Theft Precautions
The holidays are here; which means you’re probably expecting some fun packages at your front door.
Well, you know who else is looking forward to those gifts….thieves!
Every year, criminals drive around looking for those goodies so they can swap them up, and at the same time, ruin your Christmas.
- Make it look like you’re home.
- Don’t leave anything visible in your front yard and ask someone you trust to keep an eye on your house and bring in any packages or mail.
- Make sure all the doors are locked, the windows are locked.
- Keep house lights on timers. Have a timer for a TV or something so there’s noise inside the house, so it gives that appearance that someone is home.
- Install motion detectors on outdoor lights.
- Have your newspapers and mail delayed while you’re out of town.
- Having a trusted neighbor, family member or friend:
- bring in any packages left on your front step
- move your trashcans in
- if it’s snowing, shovel your driveway.
- park their car in your driveway every now and then