Fill The Boot Starts Today
If you see your local fire department members showing up at intersections around the valley...grab that spare change and help them fill the boot!
Members of Fire Departments around the Treasure Valley are kicking off the annual
"Fill The Boot" fundraising campaign to help the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) fund research and cures for MD, ALS and related diseases the limit strength and mobility. Hundreds of the valley's fire fighters will be stationed across the valley with boots in hand.
- Meridian Fire Local 4627 will be at the intersection of Locust Grove Rd & Fairview Ave on Thursday, May 18th
- Caldwell Fire Local 1821 will be at the intersection of Chicago St & 10th Ave on Thursday-Friday, May 18th–19th
- Eagle Fire Local 4553 will be at State St & Eagle Rd in Old Downtown Eagle on Thursday-Friday, May 18th–19th
- Boise Fire Local 149 will be at the intersections of Fairview Ave & Milwaukee St and Overland Rd & Five Mile Rd on Friday, May 19th
- Nampa Fire Local 804 will be at the intersection of 2nd Ave & Yale St on Friday, May 19th
- Gowen Field Fire Local 4571 will be at the intersection of Overland Rd & Orchard St on Friday-Saturday, May 19th -20th
- Kuna Fire Local 4165 will be at the intersections of Deer Flat Rd & Linder Rd and Main & Ave D on Friday-Saturday, June 2nd-3rd
- Middleton Fire Local 4626 will be on Middleton Rd on Friday-Saturday, June 2nd-3rd
So if you see a fire fighter approaching your car at one of the locations listed above - grab that spare change and help fill those boots!
MDA is leading the fight to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harm of muscular dystrophy, ALS and related muscle-debilitating diseases that take away physical strength, independence and life. We use our collective strength to help kids and adults live longer and grow stronger by finding research breakthroughs across diseases; caring for individuals from day one; and empowering families with services and support in hometowns across America.
Learn how you can fund cures, find care and champion the cause at mda.org.