Cigarette Lighting Attempt with Propane Torch Leaves Family Displaced
Now this is actually a really serious story, but still......it's tough to hear about it without going, "WHAT!?!" Apparently, a guy in Nampa was attempting to light a cigarette with a propane torch and instead started a basement fire and was left with burns on his face after a leaky connection sparked.
Luckily, fire crews were able to extinguish the small fire. The incident took place on Colorado Avenue near Maple Street on Sunday.
According to the guy who attempted this insane stunt, propane leaked from the connection between the torch and propane cylinder.
The rest of the family that lived in the home, a woman and three children, a escaped unharmed. The man refused treatment for his burns.
The family was temporarily displaced but thankfully received help from the American Red Cross.