Bikeways Master Plan Update
The ACHD is looking to update the 2009 Roadways to Bikeways Bike Master Plan.
They want your input at upcoming meetings!
The ACHD wants to make sure everyone has a safe and comfortable bicycle route in the Treasure Valley. It could be for your kids biking to a friends house, or experienced cyclists who ride to and from work!
Here are the GOALS they would like to achieve for the new plan:
- Assess ACHD progress in achieving the Goals, Objectives and Actions items.
- Create performance measures that will assist ACHD in evaluating future bicycle enhancements to the roadways.
- Evaluate emerging trends and technology.
- Prioritize future bicycling projects.
You are invited to participate in the ACHD monthly Bicycle Advisory Committee meetings where you can provide your input and thoughts on the update. The meetings will be held Mondays, at 6 p.m. in the ACHD Auditorium, located at 3775 Adams Street, Garden City.
The first meeting was held on April 3rd. You can see the notes and results of that meeting HERE
Here is the agenda for the next two meetings:
- June 5 - Review current bike routes and provide input on proposed and new low-stress bike routes.
- July 10 - Tell us which projects should be included in the plan.
If you love riding your bike and you're curious about the original plan, you can find a lot more HERE