Act Out Loud – Vallivue High School
Over the weekend, I got a chance to stop by Vallivue High School in Caldwell for their Act Out Loud Event to encourage safe driving. I met a bunch of amazing people, including a few mothers whose kids were killed in car crashes.
They've decided to use their experience to educate teens on safe driving habits that could prevent a tragic accident.
WOW 104.3 wants to show our support for these families and their mission to help others. So, here are a few tips that you can use to be safe and 'Focus On The Drive.'
- Wear your seat belt - #buckleupforbobby #buckleupforkyle
- Obey the speed limit
- Drive appropriately (weather, road conditions)
- NEVER drink and drive
- Be ALERT, pay attention
- STOP at red lights and stop signs
- Look both ways
- Check blind spot
- Keep enough distance
- Take care of your car (have enough gas and keep it serviced properly)
Did you know
- Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for 14-24 year olds? *
- In Idaho, there were 43 young adults 15 -24 killed in car crashes in 2009?**
- Only 29% of those 43, were wearing a seat belt.**
*National Safety Council
**Office of Highway Safety